Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A Drive In, A Shak, A Storm, & Sirens

Tornado Alley is the name, and big ass Texas storms are the game.  And thank God I was not camping.  Palo Duro Canyon got slammed!!  Fortunately, was under roof at the home of the Croc.

Not a lot of activity yesterday, but did manage a few new pics.  Rhonda, at the Biker Shak in Arcadia, Oklahoma wanted a pic of the shak and the rack.


Look's great, doesn't it?? 



Stopped by Pop's again, still needing to get them to sell my cards.   They are still thinking about it.  I'm going to spec some cards, as they could be a great account.  Bypassed OKC, and picked up 66 around Yukon.

I soon found myself near bridgeport, which is home to the classic 38 Pony Truss Bridge over the Canadian River.  An odd name, since most river's are named at the terminus of the path, not the origin.   Missouri, Arkansas, Mississippi, etc.  Anywho, I'm guessing it is the longest bridge on the active route.


My new do in the rag.....



Riding is great.  The trailer is never a bother, until it's time for fuel.  Damn it sucks!!  Down to about 22 MPG!!! 


Heading west towards Amarillo, I finally stopped to get a few images of yet another Route 66 Drive In  Thee-ate-errrrrrr......


Yup, I was keeping an eye to the sky....Call me Doppler Dork.  But in these them parts, the storms can pop up quicker than a jackrabbit on a date!!!  I've seem some awesome cloud formations before, but never one like this........



Not sure of my plans today.  Heading to 6th street Amarillo, then perhaps Albuquerque.  Should be quite interesting!!

1 comment: