Saturday, March 27, 2010

No Rice, Just Eggplant

Greeting from San Jon, NM.  Pronounced San "Hone", it is home to a famous but bizzare truck stop which contains and fabulous Indian Cafe.  I"m chowing on some bangain bartha.  Very close to Eggplant Korma.  They were very puzzled as I did not want rice, nan, (the call tortilla's).......I repeated many times,  "no rice, just eggplant".  It is good.    It's a great creamy and spicy texture.  Just hope it is not too spicy later!!

Yesterday was great.  This is going to be a short entry, as I"m needing to hit Tucumcari, and I'll will do more later.   A brief synopsis later, and apologies to anyone I've forgotten. 

First stop was the Devil's Rope Museum.  This interesting place contains more examples of barbed wire than anywhere else in the world.  Strange as one would think this place would be in DeKalb IL, where the point wire was created. 

Highlight of my day and night was meeting Bob "Croc" Lyle and his gracious lady Cheryl.  I hit Amarillo early PM and Croc  took me out to see some great 66 signs and sites.  Went to see the Polk Street Jazz Club ensemble at a photographers studio, and went home.   Of course, much, much more is forthcoming.  Enjoy a few of the great pics from Amarillo and other points.


I said it'd be quick.  My mouth is on fire!!  Spicy Stuff.

On the Road to Tucumcari.

G.

No comments:

Post a Comment