Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Route 66 - It's not just the road, but the great people you meet

After being flooded with request's for picture of moi', I managed to get one a few hours ago.
Here I am, busy at work, your very humble correspondent..  Coffee, my Netbook, and plenty of thoughts.  And speaking of coffee, I picked up a Coleman Drip Coffemaker.  Works with the portable stoves, and it works well!!  A tip, only fill about halfway with water to start.  Get's going much faster!!  MMMM, coffee!!

OK, Allright, get to the good stuff Gordo......if I have to!!

Here are a few early morning shots from the Enchanted Trails Camping Resort. 


I'm not sure if what I did  was camping, but I"m going to call it camping as I slept in my sleeping bag, and am using my camping implments for cooking.

 Yes, those are my legs.. Hey, it's a small space!!

The groovy trailer I crashed in was manufactured by the Zollinger Corporation... This little gem is the VA-KA-SHUN-ETTE.


  Say it three times, you'll get it.  Manufactured in 1954, very few remain from this timeless period.    Enchanted Trails, while primarily an RV Park, is very soon going to have three different of the vintage shacks for rent.  A very sexy 69 Airstream,   a '75 Silverstreak, and a 1950 Spartan.  Vickie, the Marshall of Trails, is searching for more of these gems.  If you  are aware of any, contact her at  Enchanted Trails.

Having such a great time here, and needing deperately to catch up on "work".....primarily working on photo's and making proofs for future clients, I decided to spend the entire day.  It is already 1:36pm, and I"ve yet to begin!   Dale, an Aussie who contacted me a few weeks ago to purchase the Motherload of the Mother Road, (a complete set of 66 the first edition art cards)  caught up with me here.    He flew into LA a few days back, and is driving to Chicago to take 31 of his fellow Aussie's on a tour of the Route.  They are renting 31 2010 Mustang Convertible's, and doing the entire route not only in style, but also doing it accurately and historically.  He is quite knowledgeable and does these tours about 3 times a year.  I have tried several times to upload his picture, but it will not work!!  So, you get my artsy farsty self portrait.

My day now begins.

Oh, and to rap up, it is not just the road, but the people you meet.  Most giving honest people I've ever encountered. 

No comments:

Post a Comment