Monday, March 29, 2010

A one armed prick,. a lady named Mary, and disaster!! (well, not totally)

Ola Mi Amigo's, Amiga's, and other anonymous readers.  I"ve neglected the blog a little, and from the thousands of emails I've received saying, "where's my fill of Gordo", all I can say is the joy is overwhelming.  Late nights and early mornings have made it a little difficult to compose.  But I'm ready now.

My previous blog was brief, (to me), so I"ll try to catch you up to date on my progress.

Saturday I left the Crocodile Domicile about 11:00am, and headed to the Big Texan.  Strike out again!!  The winds in the panhandle are downright brutal!!  They must have been gusting at 40 mph..  Often it was difficult to keep a grasp on the car door when exiting the Handcolored66.com  cruising vessel.  Made a quick stop at the Cadillac Ranch and met a cool cat named Martin from Dublin.  He was also doing a bit of 66.   We exchanged greetings, and mostly bitched about how freakin' cold it was!!



Hit the swinging City of Vega.     VEGA BABY!!!  I kept shouting, as if anyone could hear or care!!!   Found this great 'ole Texaco sign, and a few others...  Wow, I've spent the last few minutes looking at pictures of Vega.  I need to giddy up!!  In the final shot, it appears as the water tower is peeking!!


Adrain Texas was next, and this cool truck sits outside the cafe where the locals eat and play...





Something about Texas.  Probably my two favorite "towns" border Texas.  Texola on the East, and Glenrio to the West.  These towns really exemplify the devastation the interstate caused.




I'm getting tired sitting and I think the fine folks at the Pantry Cafe located on Route 66 in Santa Fe are tiring of me drinking all their coffee!!  Plans today are to make a stop by the National Park Service Route 66 Corridor Preservation office,  shoot many more groovy images, and enjoy the wonders and beauty of Route 66.

Oh yea, I need to explain the titles.....

Asswipe in Cuervo.  A few old building remain in Cuervo, located immediately to the north of 66.  They basically sit on 66.   Last time through, nothing really tickled my lala and I did not shoot a thing.    I found something to shoot this time, and within moments wanted to shoot something else.  I was not out of my car for 2 seconds and this one armed dude comes walking up.....He said, "Hey, I got no parking....see the signs?  I really hate people stopping and taking pictures of my buildings....Sure appreciate it".  ASSWIPE!!

Great lady named Mary at the Route 66 Restaurant in Santa Rosa.  Classic Diner, newest retailer of handcolored66 art cards, and overall great place.  I'd be posting a picture but, last night, while trying to upload my photos of yesterday to this notebook, the digital gremlins took over.  I lost all of my shots from yesterday.  %^*#%^*#%&(#&%(#&(.  Fortunately, I think these remains will remain.

I'll try to fill ya in more later....Motel Safari in Tucumcari, and other points West.

No comments:

Post a Comment