Wednesday, March 31, 2010

DOH!!!! Good to thelast crack...

Greetings once again from Enchanted Trails at the zenith of 9 mile hill.  (coincidentally, about 9 miles West of Albuquerque).  Funny how that works!!

'Twas a little late to arise as I photographed late into the night.  On my first trip on the Route, I had taken the pre 1937 alignment which enters Alby from the North, and heads due South to Los Lunas.  Post 1937, which bypasses Santa Fe, enters Alby on Central, and continues 18 miles West.  What an incredible town.  Two posts prior, and had talked about signs.   And last night, was able to see them in their incredible gaseous glow. 

Pretty cool, huh??

Irony strikes again.  Just yesterday as I was extolling the virtues of the Coleman java machine, and getting ready to start a caffeine fueled day, TRADGEY!!

I wondered about the sensibility of a glass pot for camping.  What great idea this was.  Perhaps it a sign I"m drinking to much???   NAH.........

Cooking bacon, mmmm, bacon, soon to be frying up some eggs, (I'm camping) and will be headed West.  Should be in Arizona in a few hours!!

Oh, by the way, all of these images are available for purchase.  Check out my other exciting and fabulous images of Route 66 at    handcolored66.com, or send me an email.

Adios

1 comment:

  1. really diggin' the blog and the photos! signs signs everywhere a sign...

    ReplyDelete