Monday, March 22, 2010

Route 66 Cruising Vessel

Hare it is..........This will be my home for the next two weeks.......






About two months ago, I was on Fleabay searching for some Route 66 stuff.  I filtered my search by highest price.  First item listed, was (and is presently) a 1930s porcelain neon Chicken in the Rough sign.  Asking price $15,000.  And it's still for sale.  Wonder why??

Second item listed was the aforementioned Route 66 Cruising Vessel.  I was not aware a Route 66 edition of this car existed.  Item location was Pompano Beach FL.  On a whim, I put in an offer, and 7 days later was  cruising up Hwy A1A.

A few more items to pack, another pot of coffee, and I'm on the road!!


 

3 comments:

  1. 11:09am...and you're off...
    Zeus & I wave goodbye, both with a tear in our eye...we love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gordon, this is Jeff on Robyn's email. Never posted a comment before or blogged but felt compelled to ask if you have a day job. Seriously, sounds like an adventure but I have to question the sanity of camping in March. I look forward to following your trip. Stay out of the strip bars on the wrong side of town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my day job. And night job. A dream job. Sanity? I've never claimed to have much of that. Strip bars? What are those?? I can't remember. Now that I think, it's been to lonog. Perhaps we should meet up in Warensburg!

    ReplyDelete