Friday, April 2, 2010

An altitude of 7000 feet and dollar drafts makes for a long day.

The donger need sleep.  But the alures of Karaoke at the Canyon Club might just be too much to resit!!


Another great day of photography, peddlin', (well not much peddlin') and finding different treasures that the Mother Road offers!!

I left Flagstaff about 10:00.  A great fun college town.  First stop was to find the Pine Breeze Inn,

the famous location from the movie Easy Rider where Peter and the boys were snubbed by the NO VACANCY sign.  I also happened to find the sign



at the Route 66 Roadhouse in the Bellemont.  Very interesting place....Check out this juke box!!  And it's ok to rock it!!
Was hoping to make Kingman AZ today.  Maybe next time!!  Williams has too many shops and too much to photograph, so I decided to spend the night.  Williams is the closet town to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon, so many hotels and a couple Motels abound.  I am staying at the Grand Canyon Motel.  Oldest Motel in AZ, built in 1891.

I think my bed might be from 1891!!


Enjoy the pictures from the day.  I'm going to do my best to make it to LA tomorrow!! 
Where is Mr. Plow when you need him?

Maurice's Hotel in Parks.  I just love the colors!!  And yes, that is snow!!

Ok, made it to Williams.......



Adios!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment