Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Amarillo by morning, afternoon, & evening!!

The last line of my last blog was "if all goes well" I'll make it to Amarillo by Evening.  I did.  But I"m jumping ahead!!!

Sunday was a very beautiful day.  For a short while, I was really wishing I was home, on the couch, watching the Masters.  Actually it was never a wish to be home, but watching golf.  Actually I never even really missed the golf!!  Way too many cool things to see........I left the "Q", and here are a few othe the sights I captured.  This was the first time I've ever been through these towns, as both of  my previous trips I had taken the Santa Fe alignment.  Enjoy the show......These pics will take you East to Tucumcari........




Those pictures were from Sunday.  Arrived in Amarillo about 8:00PM and met up with Croc and Dale, the Aussie at the BIG TEXAN STEAK RANCH!!  You've heard of the place, where you can earn a "FREE" 72oz steak......if you eat it in an hour....not just the meat, but a big ass potato, shrimp, salad and a roll with butter!!

Got a little Cotton Eyed Joe....




Yesterday was a day chocked full of Amarillo.  Made a few calls, placed a bunch of cards at the Route 66 Store on 6th Street, (a really cool area of Am) and then headed South to the fabulous Palo Duro Canyon....But before the Canyon, made a stop to see the World's Largest Gay Cowboy!!


He really needs some chaps!!


The Palo Duro Canyon, (means hard wood....heheheheh) is located about 20 miles SouthEast of Armarillo. It is really special!!


Hope you enjoyed the show!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment