Thursday, April 1, 2010

Peddlin' on the corner, Two Guns, Twin Arrows, and more snow

Hello again from handcolored66!!  Wow an incredible day.  Only traversed 90 miles in 7 hours, yet had one awesome day!!  As I said before, the longer this journey takes, the better it will be!!

Left the motel, which soon will be discussed in detail as the snake of a manager tried to rip me off.........First stop of the day was to do a little peddlin'.  Stopped into Romo's Cafe.....This is located right on good old 66.  Last night, a local told me it was the best Mexican food in town!!  I had snapped a few images of the joint, and wanted to check it out!!  I met Phylis, the owner, and while we discussed my cards and food, (yes, they do have chorizo...always a must for any Mexican place), she offered to make me a Chili Relleno!!  I first passed, but being the gracious person I am, gladly accepted her offer......All the food is fresh, and actually prepared on site.  Seems like a big deal, yes?  It is to me as so many places are merely "warming" commercially prepared stuff.

Take a look for yourself.....Excellente!!!  Muy Bien!!! 

This is the place to eat in Holbrook.  Many people go to the place across the street.  Try Romo's..You won'tregret it!!Continued to shoot a few more pics,and this is the exterior of the "World Famous Winners Circle Bar".



  Everyone's heard about it, right?  Stopped in for some peddlin'.  The owner did not want to speak as he allegedly lost $19,000 earlier in the morning.  I understand that he wasn't in the mood to view some seriouslyfine art cards.  Maybe next time!!  Headed West on Hopi Drive to the Wigwam, and left some info for the owners.


 Next stop, Joseph City.....



 And now, not confirmed but highly touted, the most photographed corner in the U.S.A.



 I think she was slowing down to take a look at me.  Smart lady!!!

And a peddlin' I was.  Just across the street, the appropriately named "Standin' on the Corner" Gift shop is the proud newest retailer of handcolored66 art cards.  Look for yourself!!!


 Not only did she buy out my entire stock, she placed an order for 30,000 cards!!!  I'm in love!!  Winslow is the best place ever!!  Pictured above is Emma, the Standin' on the Corner register lady!!  Some other big news from Winslow, and this is the first I was aware.....Major construction!  The city is busily construcginb a new intersection, and a huge 66 shield is the highlight!!   Completion date is just 8 days away!!



As I had only traveled about 30 miles in four hours, it was time to get movin!!  First stop, the infamous Two Guns......I could tell you about some of it's history, but again, you can research yourself.  Or, just let my pictures do the talking.


 Pictured above, an old zoo of some sort.  On the right, Diablo Canyon.  (I'm scared)!!!!


Off to Twin Arrows......



.
It was snowing again a tad as I captured the arrows and another former Valentine Cafe.   Almost to Flagstaff, the view form the car at 75mph......

That's all for now!!  Flagstaff is a college town.  I think I'm going out for .25 draws!!

Gordo

No comments:

Post a Comment