Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Worst Hotel EVER!!!!!

The following is a review of my experience at the Grand Asshole Canyon Hotel in Williams AZ.  If you ended up in Williams, stay far far away!!!


Wow, where to start.  It's been over a week since my most unpleasant stay at the Grand Canyon Hotel.  If you want to be repeatedly insulted by the owner, this is THE place to stay. 

I've waited over a week to post this.  Yesterday I found myself back in Williams, and my opinion was confirmed by two locals.....Oscar is one big arrogant jerk!!  Hi Oscar!!

When I was checking in, and presenting my card,  Ocsar freaked out, and his demeanor changed from salesman to dick!!  The card i was using, had my last name, and my company name. (My LLC, which is a different name from the business card I had given him.  As if I'm going to try to scan him, after I give him my phone number, etc.....)   He basically was accusing  me of stealing this card, saying it wasn't mine and he couldn't accept it.  And very rudely about.  He demanded to see my id......And the experience went downhill from there.

Call this place quaint, whatever you want.....But make sure if you get a room with a shared bath, check it out.  The shower is very marginal at best....The was the best part of the experience.  If you are a light sleeper, don't stay here.  Many rooms are adjoining, bare floors, and it is loud!!

Ok, on the the myriad of insults.  After settling in, I was leaving to go do some shooting.  (I'm a photographer).  I noticed there was a numerical lock on the door, and I asked Amy, his charming wife, what the code was.   What is it with people who can't even answer a basic question..  Her response, "I t's not locked until after 10:00".  Not what I asked.  Peeved, I repeated the question.  "Well then what is the code after 10:00"?  She then asked Oscar the Dick if he had given me the code.  He of course said he had, and he had not.  No apologies, nothing from this wonderful man.  But wait, it gets much, much better!!

Directly across the street is the Canyon Club....A great little bar, and obviously its proximity irks the hell out of Oscar the Dick.  I had been there before, the people, (locals) were friendly and cool.   Should have known better when I mentioned about the Karaoke and Oscar the Great mentioned how horrible the place was, how it bothered his guests, (the "noise").....If that was true, and it's not,  get better windows....

As I was leaving in the morning, I was walking down the stairs, and this is when the barage of insults started.   I was wearing riding boots.  The kinds with heels.  And yes, they are sexy!!  The property has a long staircase.  And wooden floors.  And no rugs or carpets.  He is sitting behind the desk and his first comment to me is "You need to get some tennis shoes".  commenting on the noise from my boots.  I wanted to reply, why don't you get some fucking rugs or carpet.   Next insult came very quickly.  I was showing him how I had included some info on his "establishment of insults" on my blog.  He looked at it briefly, and his only comment was "It's hotel, not motel:"....So sorry Oscar.  I apologize for the mistake.  As it was early, I was going to show him something else and he tells me to clear my computer from the check in ledge, as he needed room for people to check out.  Not another person was in the lobby.  DICK!!!!  Ok, that was it.  I knew now he was just a major asshole.  But wait, the hits keep coming.

 I had consumed ONE small cup of coffee while loading the car, and showing Oscar the Prick the entry in my blog.  A few minutes later I went in the lounge area to get another cup.  A bunch of other guests were now sitting in the lounge, all drinking coffee.  The pot was empty.  Being the nice guy I am, I walked up to the desk, and asked him where the coffee was, I'll make another pot.  He said he would do it.  About 5 mintues later, still no coffee.  I really wanted some Joe.  So, I asked him again politely if he could make the coffee.  He replied, "Oh Pete, (he kept calling me Pete) did you want me to make that now?  I thought you were leaving.  Why I don't I just give you a dollar and you can go to McDonald's a buy a cup there.  You already drank my first pot""....ASSHOLE!!!!!!!  I've never been treated so rudely in my entire life!!   I can't remember if I got another cup or not.   There were a few other instances of his arrogance and lying, but I think one will get the picture.

STAY AWAY!!!






Why I am posting this now?  I was in Williams yesterday, and two of the locals confirmed my experience.  His is not well liked in town.  Karma will come back to him.



This morning I called Oscar, and he answered in a bothered tone, "what do you need Gordon".  I wanted to know if he got much repeat business.  So I asked him that question.  He said he didn't understand, what did I want?  So I repeated the question.....and followed it up with, "I doubt you get uch repeat business. If you treat all of your customer like you treated me ASSHOLE".  His response?  What room did you want to rent.

1 comment: