Monday, April 26, 2010

Taking responsibility - and some cool photo's of Seligman.

Wow, occasionally I'm stumped for stuff.  Actually, I always have a bunch of stuff, but is it worthy of a blog???  Are you worthy???  Worthy is a strange word!!

Bad weather in the Midwest.  Allegedly a tornado touched down at West County Center, about 12 miles west of Downtown St. Louis.  Perhaps it messed up some shoppers afternoon at Nordstrom's.  Boo hoo!!  I hate malls.  I really don't like to shop.  I hate everything!!  I"m feeling quite sardonic.

Saturday I decided to take a drive, well, was forced to drive to get a belt for a lawn mower that Brentwood Lawn Care totally screwed up.  I'm so tired of "businesses" that refuse to take responsibility for its own mistakes!!  Of course I feel the same way about people.  This "business", and I am using that term extremely loosely, ..performed service on this mower, a commercial zero turn babe, late September.  It was used one time by my neighbor Bob, and he told me it was still running like shit.  Fast forward to last week.  I made a trip into Clayton, to visit my "city" house, gather mail, cut the lawn.  It was mighty high.  Mower started up fine, but soon discovered it was running like shit.  The mower has two blades, cuts a 44" wide swath, and usually works fine.  It's actually quite fun to operate.  Anywho, the grass was not cutting well at all.  I jumped off, and discovered these monkey's at the service place reversed the belts when they put the machine back together from the service work they performed, and charged a banana load!!!

Of course, the shop did not want to take responsibility, hiding behind the "30 day" warranty, even though they screwed it up.  It took over two days to even find the part number, (which they never did), I had to get it on my own.  I was asking for a replacement belt, which due to their screwup, was frayed and needed replacement.  The other monkey on the phone first said it couldn't be their fault, they didn't replace the belts.  Correct monkey, but you did have to detach them and put them back on for the service work.  That's when she told me about the "30 day" policy.  I asked who's policy....She answered the stores.  I asked who am I talking too.  It's your store, you can change the policy.  Didn't matter.  One would think this place would apologize, bend over backwards to make amends.   Very wishful thinking.  She told me they "couldn't" replace the belt for free, once again hiding behind the "30 day" bullshit excuse.  It always bothers me when anyone, businesses or people use the contraction "can't".  I don't mind contractions, but it is not correct in 99% of the cases.  It told her, don't say "can't", because you COULD replace the belt.  Say we will not replace it, because we are monkeys and have no freaking clue on how to treat customers.  No apologies, no regret, just shear uselessness!!  Amen to Brentwood Lawn Care.


Ok, how about some snappy photography.  Hey, isn't that what this blog is about?  Hawking my wares!!
I did spend time on Saturday, getting some images ready for potential clients.  Seligman is featured today!!
Enjoy!!


The perfect woman.....Leather, Short Skirt, Skull Cap, and no back talk!!  That's the kind of hippie chick I dig!!


A few images from the Rusty Bolt.  Just another of the really cool shops in Seligman.




That's all folks.  Heading to Cuba to deliver some of my wares to the Fanning 66 Outpost, (home of the Worlds' Largest Rocker, and soon home (Cuba that is)  of the World's Largest All Route 66 Art Gallery!!

Yea BABY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment