Saturday, April 17, 2010

A quick trip to Cuba

Yesterday was a blur, but I finally got back to ride!!  Picked up my motor-cicle,

 (Yes, it is that green!!)

and took a little ride to Cuba.  That's Cuba,  Missouri.  Why is it named Cuba??  The town was named after the Island Country in 1857 to show solidarity with the occupied territory.  Things haven't changed much!!  (With the Country that is)....Cuba, Missouri is known as the "Mural City" along Route 66.


Just one of the many wonderful murals in Cuba.  It is a great stop, and soon will be even better!!

On my return trip home, I stopped at the "World's Largest Rocker".  I had done a photograph of the Rocker in late winter, and was in production of making some Art Cards for Danny and Carolyn, (the proprietors) of the Fanning66outpost.  I'm glad I stopped!!


In a few hours, I'll be heading into the city of St. Louis.....You know the expression, when you bump into someone or have one of those, "I know that" person moments??  And people say, "Boy, it's a small world".  When that would happen to me in St. Louis, I'd reply, "Not a small world....St. Louis is a small town!!".  Hailing from Chicago, (Go Cubs), I can say that with complete accuracy!!

Gordo

No comments:

Post a Comment